Catholic Mutual Group (CMG) was established in 1889 and is recognized as the leading provider of property, liability and employee benefit coverage and related services for the Catholic Church in the United States and Canada.
We have an excellent opportunity available for a Property Appraiser. The person in this position will be responsible for performing the appraisal process to determine reconstruction costs and content values of structures owned by the Catholic Church to be used for insurance purposes. Responsibilities include providing appraisal information and reconstruction values calculated from Building Report Forms, as well as other construction data sources such as blueprints, and AIA documentation, completing quality control reviews of full appraisals, implementing appraised values, and the annual recalculation process of existing appraised values and conducting the full appraisal process for the requesting locations, in which process includes inspections, detailed measurements, photos, and calculation of values using various methods.
This position requires an individual with:
- A minimum of five to eight years of experience in property appraisal
- A strong background as a construction estimator, in construction science, or construction engineering
- Working knowledge of various types of cost applications, including Corelogic BVS/RCT software, segregated cost approach and calculator cost approach
- Knowledge of the Apex 4.0 drawing system
- Above average proficiency in Excel
- The ability to interpret vague appraisal data and convert it into a reliable value
- Expertise in commercial type building projects, and the ability to conduct the full appraisal process on large multi-million dollar structures or complexes with multi uses, multiple components, and varying degrees of quality
- Detailed oriented and good communication skills
- The ability to travel when needed
Not required, but preference may be given to an individual with:
- A current appraiser’s license with the State of Nebraska
- An active membership in the American Society of Appraisers (ASA)
- An active membership in the American Society of Professional Estimators (ASPE)
The ability to maintain the active status through continuing education and USPAP updates
Benefits include a competitive salary, paid holidays and generous vacation and sick accruals, a 403(b) plan with company match, paid life and AD&D insurance at five times your annual salary, long-term disability leave, paid job-related continuing education, and an excellent medical/vision/dental group insurance plan. Catholic Mutual Group offers free onsite parking, a relaxed business casual dress code, a 36-hour work week with Friday afternoons off and flexible scheduling available.
Catholic Mutual Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified candidates may apply On-line